Generating high margin work through thought leadership
Date: 20 Jan 2011 - 20 Jan 2011
Location: tba, London
This masterclass is designed to help managing partners understand:
- high-margin business development and how partners and firms with elite reputations in their markets have achieved this status
- the active use of reputation building and how thought leadership contributes to ensuring a high margin market position
- what successful thought leadership is, and the requirements for agenda-setting material
- how to introduce successful thought leadership programmes and understand the success factors required
- ensure that their firm maximises the commercial exploitation of such programme and is able to measure the return on investment
Law firms are facing huge fee pressures, whether from clients looking to make cost savings or through competition from regional and specialist firms allowing clients more choice.
However, firms and partners with elite reputations continue to charge premium fees and secure the best appointments, little affected by such pressures.
Law firms can respond to the strong and unstinting competitive and costs pressures through seeking to deliver more for less, and enter the downward income spiral. Alternatively they reinforce or establish elite leadership positions in their market – resisting competition through reputation and insights.
This seminar will look at how elite practitioners establish their positions and the role of thought leadership in achieving and maintaining this, together with helping managing partners should seek to ensure their firm is utilising.