Creating Your High Performance Practice TeamAn Intensive One-Day Workshop for Practice Group Leaders; Identifying and Implementing the Structural Necessities for Effective Practice Management
What your peers are saying:
"I enjoyed the practical tips. Patrick really understands law firm cultures and was responsive to specific questions and situations."
Kerrin Slatery - McDERMOTT WILL & EMERY
"This was extraordinarily helpful. Much more helpful than a similar event I went to at the Harvard Business School. It has given me some terrific insights that I intend to implement immediately."
Scott Turner - NIXON PEABODY
Whether you are the leader of a practice group or industry team, whether this is your first experience in leading a group or the custodian of an especially challenging group of mavericks, you are among the most essential players in achieving your firm’s long-term profitability and success…
This job is not an easy one! It is your challenge to:
- Create a strong cohesive group out of a collection of bright, intelligent, autonomous individuals
- Identify how, as a practice leader, you add value and what specifically is it, that you can do, that is likely to actually affect the success of the group you lead
- Positively impact and enhance client satisfaction – turning client needs into growth opportunities
- Find a way to develop a strategic direction in an intensively competitive marketplace and have your colleagues actually want to work together
- Lead effective meetings that result in some action plans being formulated and your colleagues taking responsibility for actually doing something
Obviously, there are many challenges inherent to this position as law firms (and their clients) increasingly embrace the application of new economic and structural pillars necessary for the profession to benefit from greater alignment on issues such as efficiency and value. And perhaps you were never trained or given any guidance on how to go about organizing and managing a group of your fellow professionals. So, now where do you turn?
This intensive, skills-building workshop is an investment in your ability to make a measurable difference to your group’s quality of service, profitability, and professional morale. Every aspect of this experience is designed to provide hands-on checklists, interpersonal techniques and exercises to make it completely applicable for you to use immediately.