Leading StrategicallyTechniques To Unleash Your Practice Group’s Highest Potential
- determining, together, what precisely is the job and what does it require of the individual holding the position;
- identify how, as a practice leader, you add value and what specifically is it, that you can do, that is likely to actually affect the success of the group you lead;
- exploring under what circumstances people accept counsel, how to get people to accept your influence and why someone would follow you; and
- identify the various options you have available to you and what you need to do, to develop personal credibility with the people you manage
- How to avoid personality clash and achieve instant rapport
- Effective communication skills for understanding and
- appealing to your team members
- why we should work together as a group;
- what is in it for each of us to collaborate together;
- how much time is going to be required to participate in a meaningful manner; and
- what kind of behavior we think we have the right to expect of each other
Why You Should Attend This Interactive Workshop:
Whether you are the designated leader of a practice group or industry team, your ability to lead that group, especially if they are a challenging collection of mavericks, makes you one of the most essential players in helping your firm achieve its long-term profitability and market success.
Are you comfortable knowing how best to:
- create a strong cohesive group out of a collection of bright, intelligent, autonomous professionals?
- identify specifically what it is, that you can do, that is likely to actually affect the competitive success of the group you lead?
- find the means to develop a strategic direction and have your colleagues actually want to work together?
- Lead effective meetings that result in concrete action plans being formulated and colleagues willing to take responsibility for actually doing something?
Obviously, there are many challenges inherent to this position as law firms (and their clients) increasingly embrace the application of new economic and structural pillars necessary for the profession to benefit from greater alignment on issues such as efficiency and value. And perhaps you were never trained or given any guidance on how to go about organizing and managing a group of your fellow professionals.
This intensive, skills-building workshop is designed to provide hands-on checklists, interpersonal techniques and exercises to make it completely applicable for you to use immediately.