Webinar: Lawyer Health and WellbeingAn examination of the tools and initiatives being utilized to address stress in the legal profession, and the positive impact they are having on individual and firm performance.
Welcome, review of expected program and introduction to chair Bree Buchanan
Bree Buchanan, chair, ABA, and co-chair, National Task Force on Lawyer Wellbeing, will discuss:
- the challenges to those with existing MH or substance use disorders during the pandemic;
- general wellbeing strategies for dealing with added stressors; and
- what the ABA and the NTF are doing during the crisis.
Richard Martin, director at byrne·dean, will look at:
- how individuals can better understand and address anxiety; and
- what leaders can do to lead through this uncertainty.
Renee Branson will focus on:
- individuals’ personal response to the crisis;
- how that manifests in their ability to function and perform at work; and
- how leaders can cultivate resilience in others.
Emma Jones will look at:
- how to look after your emotional wellbeing when working from home; and
- the stresses, strains and emotional labour which lawyers are currently facing and the wider issues in the profession.
Kate Dodd, diversity and inclusion consultant at Pinsent Masons LLP, will talk about:
- the Mindful Business Charter, which is committed to driving change in high-stress industries; and
- how the MBA can help people to respond to the current crisis.
Paul Bennett of Bennett Briegal will cover:
- why supervision is so stressful;
- mistakes, feedback, leadership and supervision; and
- why are lawyers treated more harshly than other professionals?
Final Discussions & Questions & Answers
This webinar is now available on demand - click the book now button above to access the recording.
Recent years have witnessed growing concern internationally in wellbeing and mental health across the legal community, a shift reflected in a host of initiatives, networks, reports and research studies. Changes to working patterns, generational shifts, and an increased interest in overall wellbeing have contributed to a growing movement towards better working practices – across all industries but particularly in high pressure professions such as law.
Please join us for a FREE live webinar, May 4th, 11am EST/10am CST - where Bree Buchanan, Richard Martin, Renee Branson, Emma Jones, Paul Bennett, and Kate Dodd will discuss the ways in which individual lawyers and law firm leaders can tackle this growing issue head on.