Effective CSR is climbing the corporate agenda around the world. Not only does it help companies to address issues such as compliance, risk, and opportunity, it is also an invaluable tool for building trust, and managing resources.
Yet how do you align your CSR activities with overall business strategy to deliver real value, and not just to meet compliance standards?
Ark Group’s new report, Adding Value: The Business Case for CSR is designed specifically to help you tackle this challenge.
Step-by-step you’ll learn how to develop a value-added CSR strategy, embed it effectively within your organisation, and gain maximum buy-in from staff and stakeholders to ensure its success. Topics covered will enable you to:
- Understand the business rationale for CSR, and key stakeholder concerns;
- Identify where CSR fits within your company’s risk and reputation management;
- Integrate CSR into your business processes through effective leadership and management;
- Monitor and assess your CSR performance and reporting;
- Develop an effective communication programme for engaging with key stakeholders; and,
- Foster a motivated workforce of active brand ambassadors for your company.
Insightful real-life case studies of best practice in CSR are featured from leading international organisations Alliance Boots, Rentokil Initial, Lloyds Banking Group, ASDA, British Gas, and Wolseley. These include:
- Using CSR data to improve business performance;
- How ‘People Development’ underpins business strategy;
- Helping all stakeholders consider environmental issues;
- Protecting customers through product stewardship;
- Developing a responsible supply chain approach; and,
- Aligning community activity to business needs.
Part one: The business rationale for CSR (and stakeholders’ concerns)
Chapter 1: The business rationale
Chapter 2: Just who are stakeholders?
Chapter 3: Governance of CSR
Chapter 4: CSR in the workplace
Chapter 5: CSR and the environment
Chapter 6: CSR in the marketplace – customers and supply chain
Chapter 7: CSR and the community
Part two: Integrating CSR into the business process
Chapter 1: Effective governance
Chapter 2: In the workplace
Chapter 3: The environment
Chapter 4: The marketplace
Chapter 5: Integrating CSR in the company’s community approach
Part three: Communicating CSR to add value
Chapter 1: Communicating CSR
Chapter 2: Future developments in CSRCheck our Executive Summary and full table of contents here