A strong leader helps a law firm to foresee, avoid, and cope with crises and, as the past few years and difficult market conditions have proven, effective and strong leadership is a crucial requirement to the ongoing success of a law firm.
Based on the research, experience, and expertise of well-known experts on law firm leadership, current/past leaders of law firms, lawyers and consultants, Managing Partners new report - Leadership in Law Firms - provides a comprehensive overview of leadership principles and skills for new, emerging, and future leaders in law firms.
It covers topics including:
- Why law firms need leadership development
- The lawyer mindset and the skills required for leadership
- Identifying and training new leaders
- The practice group leader path to law firm leadership
- Advice to the new managing partner
- Building trust and confidence in your leadership
- Leading through times of uncertainty/change/crisis
- The pathway partnership and management: A woman’s perspective
- Building future and how partner admission criteria is changing
- Unified front: Tips for building strong new leadership teams.
Leadership in Law Firms is also designed to help those currently in leadership positions to develop their skills, and it outlines the necessary steps they should take to ensure they have a pipeline of top-notch future leaders ready to step into their shoes.
Chapter 1: Leadership in law firms
Chapter 2: Leaders: Born or made?
Chapter 3: Law firm leadership development: The practice group leader path to law firm leadership
Chapter 4: The relationship between leadership and management in more successful law firms
Chapter 5: Leading lights: Lessons in law firm leadership development from GE
Chapter 6: Leading a law firm through crisis, change, or uncertainty
Chapter 7: Unified front: Tips for building strong leadership teams
Chapter 8: The pathway to law firm partnership and management: A woman’s perspective
Chapter 9: The inside-out approach to leadership
Chapter 10: Case study: Reservoir of trust – Build trust and confidence in your leadershipCheck our Executive Summary and full table of contents here