Obtaining an accurate and comprehensive overview of performance throughout the firm is no easy undertaking – there are numerous aspects of the firm to inspect and many varying streams of information to consider. From individual partner performance to firm-wide cash flow, correctly measuring and managing performance involves a keen eye on both the micro and macro aspects of the firm.
Measuring and Managing Performance for Law Firms offers an overview of the measurement and metrics that firms can employ to effectively manage their work force and firm-wide performance. Discussing a range of topics from metrics that stimulate innovative thinking, effectively managing high-performance teams and dealing with stress in the work place, and implementing “balanced scorecards” and “opportunity scoring assessments” to track firm performance and effectively utilize internal information resources.
- Made to measure: collecting and providing meaningful management information
By Tony Brown, owner of AGB Legal
- Applying the balanced scorecard in a law firm environment – opportunities and challenges
By John Sterling, founding partner of Sterling Strategies, LLC
- Utilizing multiple intelligence sources to create an opportunity scoring assessment
By Patrick Fuller, vice president of business development for Neota Logic, Inc.
- Practical strategies for improving cash flow
By Barry Wilkinson, founder of Wilkinson Read and Partners
- Measuring the unmeasurable: KPIs for your people strategy
By Jill King, consultant and the former global HR director at Linklaters
- Unusual Metrics to Stimulate Innovative Action
By Patrick J Mckenna, internationally recognized author, lecturer, strategist, and seasoned advisor to the leaders of premier professional service firms
- Breaking point: Creating a resilient mindset leads to a high performance culture
By Jeremy Snape, founder and director of Sporting Edge
- Four Ways to Channel Creative Tension in Firms and Teams
By Nick Jarrett-Kerr, a member of Edge International, a leading global consultancy to law firms
- Lived values: How to create an ethical high-performance culture
By Christopher Smith, managing director of Bath Consultancy Group, a division of GP Strategies
- Avoiding burnout: Stress management in high-pressure law firms
By Jill King