“There are one hundred lawyers lined up who can do the work. I want to work with the one that understands my business, understands my needs and makes my life easier.”
Fortune 100 in-house counsel
In a low growth, low demand market where competition is only getting fiercer, holding on to clients has to be every firm’s priority. And when it comes to client loyalty, legal expertise and a strong track record of results just aren’t enough. They are, in fact, just table stakes for any firm that seeks to compete on a more sustainable platform than price. What sets a firm apart in today’s market are the intangibles: empathy, inimitable experience, and the sort of value that doesn’t show up on the bill.
With contributions from a wide range of authors working within legal services and beyond, Optimizing Client Service: Delivering Value and Enhancing Experience examines the steps firms must take to achieve competitive differentiation through outstanding client service, including designing and implementing a robust, business-wide client feedback program; developing an understanding of the client experience; and innovating in its truest sense, to deliver empathetic, valuable service.
The book is designed around four essential themes: Know Your Client; The Client Experience; Client Service Innovation; and Client Loyalty.
In a hyper-competitive market where there are literally hundreds of lawyers capable of solving the most pressing client problems, those lawyers who excel at client service have the most client loyalty. Optimizing Client Service: Delivering Value and Enhancing Experience will enable firms of all sizes to focus deeply on client service and stand out in the legal marketplace.
Part One: Know Your Client
- 1. Designing a robust client feedback program
- 2 .Developing a plan to make best use of client feedback
- 3 .Client success through better intelligence
- 4 .How KM can give clients more value
Part Two: The Client Experience
- 5. The role of client journey mapping in building sustainable competitive advantage
- 6. Using Net Promoter Score to learn what your clients really think of you
- 7. Creating an effective Client Value Proposition
- 8. Pricing and client perceptions of value
Part Three: Client Service Innovation
- 9. The astounding pleasure of service
- 10. Being a client’s business partner
- 11. The client service mind set
- 12. Case study: Client Service Technology and Innovation
Part Four: Client Loyalty
- 13. The science behind building client engagement and loyalty to the firm
- 14. Client Loyalty: Delivering exceptional client service (Advice from master rainmakers)
- 15. Case study – The link between client experience and loyalty
- 16. From valuable to invaluable – How to add value to client relationships