Over the years, Nancey L Watson has used her expertise with procurement and pricing methods and applying strategy for hundreds of proposals to win $3 billion in competitive bids. The Silver Bullet – How RFPs Are Won will serve as a strategic guide to help you significantly increase your win rate – and more.
This book details Nancey’s top strategies for every step of the proposal process:
* Legal procurement and the growing sophistication of in-house legal departments;
* Questions firms should ask before they decide to propose for the work;
* Best practices and how to analyze a “cheat sheet” to discover the key to winning RFPs;
* How to get you to plan strategically through every phase of the proposal process;
* How to use the magical formula to gain credibility and prove you are the firm to hire;
* How to work strategically with subject matter experts as a team; and
* How to write an effective executive summary.
This book is primarily written for law firms but the information within will also prove invaluable for procurement professionals.
Chapter 1: How procurement impacts law firm selection – a strategic approach
Chapter 2: Proposal management strategies – the Go/No-Go decision
Chapter 3: Analyzing the RFP to identify strategies
Chapter 4: Working strategically as a team
Chapter 5: Doing your homework to identify strategies
Chapter 6: Kick-off meeting strategies
Chapter 7: Different strategies for proposal size and timelines
Chapter 8: Strategy: Needs, outcomes, solutions, and proof
Chapter 9: Differentiation – the key to your strategy
Chapter 10: Writing a strategic executive summary
Chapter 11: Effectively using red teams to verify strategies
Chapter 12: Strategic proposal tracking