Recent substantial growth in Africa, as well as favourable predictions for the future, presents a host of lucrative opportunities for international law firms.
However, each country within this vibrant and varied continent has its own unique history, growth prospects, and challenges which must be considered by all firms wishing to enter the market.
Managing Partner in Association with Huron Legal presents: Into Africa – A critical new report featuring original, never-before-seen research into the unique opportunities and risks in the African legal market.
Packed with insightful analysis, advice, and country-specific case studies Into Africa gives law firms the grounding upon which they can develop their strategy for entry or expansion into this exciting and growing market. Topics covered will ensure a strong understanding of:
- The key drivers behind growth in African markets and how these can help to determine law firm strategy;
- How to perform a segmentation analysis of the various African markets by trading blocs, trading patterns, and economic clusters;
- The key risks for firms and their potential clients, and strategies for mitigating them; and,
- The legal market opportunities available and strategies that can be adopted for entry.
Insightful case studies highlight the key points covered throughout each chapter, and feature comprehensive reviews of the single economies of Republic of Guinea, Mozambique, and Rwanda.
PLUS…Useful appendices are included which should prove invaluable when developing your own strategy for entry or expansion into Africa. These include:
- African inbound FDI by industry: Ten largest recipients;
- Investment banks in Africa;
- Largest African exporters and importers, with trading partners (2011);
- Risk indicators in transition economies;
- M&A deals in African diversified countries 2009–2011;
- Western law firms with offices or alliances in Africa; and
- Urban population (share of total).
This cutting-edge report is the essential purchase for any firm looking to harness the exciting and unique opportunities offered by Africa’s evolution.
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: The African marketplace
Chapter 3: Assessing the marketplace – Segmentation methods
Chapter 4: Risk factors
Chapter 5: The legal market in Africa
Chapter 6: Legal market opportunities and potential strategies
Check our Executive Summary and full table of contents here