Are your fee structures forcing your clients to seek better alternatives elsewhere?
Alternative fee arrangements have been a buzzword for some years now. But as momentum gathers and clients finally put their feet down about excessive billing through hourly rates you simply cannot risk being left behind whilst your competitors win over your clients with more personalised alternatives.
Managing Partner’s report on Alternative Fee Arrangements: Value Fees and the Changing Legal Market provides an in-depth look at alternative fee structures and how to make them work within your own firm by aligning culture, behaviour, cost and price.
Key points are illustrated throughout the report with clear examples and practical case studies from firms that are already successfully using alternative fee arrangements.
It reveals why law firms are seeking alternatives to the billable hour, what structures they are using and how to avoid the common pitfalls when implementing them within your own firm.
Key topics covered include:
* The billable hour – where it came from, why it stuck and why the world is changing;
* The link between fee structures and the behaviours they encourage;
* The benefits of alternative fee arrangements for both clients and law firms;
* Alternative fee arrangements from the client point of view;
* An examination of alternative fee structures;
* The process of assigning a value to legal services;
* An introduction to value fees, how to sell them and make them work for you; and
* How to respond to FAQs from clients to ensure they understand value fees.
The report features step-by-step guidance on the specific cultural and behavioural changes that need to be made to ensure success in your firm’s use of alternative fee arrangements.
It also discusses the prevalence of value fees in the legal market today and the impact they will have on your firm’s core business operations.
Ensure you are equipped to compete in a post-recession world, not simply on price but on the value you offer to your clients.
Chapter 1: Dawn of the billable hour
Chapter 2: You get what you pay for
Chapter 3: Alternatives to the billable hour
Chapter 4: Clients save money
Chapter 5: Stories of firms succeeding using value fees
Chapter 6: How do you determine the price?
Chapter 7: Pricing, part II
Chapter 8: Change
Chapter 9: The tools of change
Chapter 10: Being a smart buyer of value fees – FAQs
Chapter 11: How to be a smarter seller of value fees – FAQs
Chapter 12: Collateral benefits and damage
Chapter 13: Toward a new normalCheck our Executive Summary and full table of contents here