No firm is immune to disaster.
However the type and intensity can vary, as do the resources you’ll need to ensure the continuity of your firm’s business should the worst happen.
The changing nature of the threat landscape also means that plans must be adaptable, and at the very least, provide for a variety of issues and their solutions.
Business Continuity Planning and Management for Law Firms – provides practical advice on developing, testing and maintaining a tailored business continuity plan (BCP) for your firm.
Against a background of increasingly demanding regulation, client expectations and a new international standard, this report demonstrates what firms must do to ensure they have best-practice business continuity plans in place. Specifically this report will assist you in:
- Understanding the current business continuity landscape – trends and developments;
- Developing and testing your business continuity plan – Including an action checklist;
- Managing and communicating effectively through an incident;
- Understanding the key technology factors for successful continuity – storage and server virtualisation, cloud disaster recovery and data de-duplication;
- Implementing a regular business continuity plan reviewing process;
- Developing a service quality and reputation management strategy;
- Avoiding the common pitfalls during a disaster; and much more…
Along with expert views from Andrew Hedley, Cambridge Risk Solutions Ltd, Press Alert, and Visor Consultants you’ll gain unique, behind-the-scenes access to the successful continuity strategies of leading firms Allen & Overy LLP, Clifford Chance LLP, CMS Cameron McKenna, Minter Ellison, Mills Oakley and Duncan Cotterill Lawyers.
Chapter 1: The business continuity landscape
Chapter 2: Putting together a business continuity plan
Chapter 3: Incident management and communication
Chapter 4: Technology and business continuity
Expert view 1: Back to the boardroom – The rise of strategic BCM
Expert view 2: Effective crisis management for law firms
Case study 1: Duncan Cotterill Lawyers – Facing up to the unimaginable
Case study 2: Expert insight – Practising resilience
Case study 3: Allen & Overy LLP – BCP trends and developments
Case study 4: CMS Cameron McKenna – Preparing for the Olympics
Case study 5: Clifford Chance LLP – Business continuity planning in a global context
Case study 6: Service quality and reputation management strategy
Case study 7: Mills Oakley – Brisbane Floods 2011
Case study 8: Minter Ellison – A BCP in actionCheck our Executive Summary and full table of contents here