Without the ability to attract and retain clients – at a price which delivers an acceptable level of profitability – your business is simply no longer viable.
Constant review of your client strategy is vital to ensure the emerging needs of your clients and your firm’s competitive capabilities remain aligned in a radically shifting market.
With in-depth analysis of the tools, methods and strategies available, Managing Partner's Client Strategy in a Changing Legal Market report will enable you to develop resilient client strategies that will increase profits whilst delivering real value to your clients.
Subjects covered include:
- Strategy in the New World Order – the options available and their implications;
- The forces driving change – industry and client perspectives;
- Core tools and models for client strategy development:
- PESTEL analysis;
- 5-Forces analysis;
- Internal capability auditing; and
- Scenario and contingency planning.
- The impact of alternative fee arrangements;
- What clients value from a competitive perspective;
- Choosing your clients - segmentation, targeting and positioning;
- Using innovationto develop client strategies that deliver results;
- Using value curves to improve client service strategy;
- Emerging business models and their effect on service delivery;
- The role of the partnerin delivering client strategy;
- Overcoming the cultural and organisational barriers to change; and more…
Respected author and consultant to top international law firms, Andrew Hedley, draws on leading case studies from firms, clients and agencies – CMS Cameron McKenna, Carillion, Epoq, and Fronterion – to provide you with a comprehensive review of the market place.
Best practice guidance also allows you to extract the experience and knowledge of those who are currently succeeding ‘in the field’.
Begin delivering real service to your clients.
Chapter 1: A strategic perspective
Chapter 2: Forces driving change
Chapter 3: Choosing your client
Chapter 4: Client strategy development
Chapter 5: Developing a new approach to service strategy
Chapter 6: Making it all work in practice
Expert analysis 1: Acritas – How to build a world class law firm brand
Case study 1: CMS Cameron McKenna – The future of fees
Case study 2: Carillion – The relationship between general counsel and the law firm
Case study 3: Epoq – Client strategy in the changing legal market
Expert analysis 2: Hedley Consulting – Outsourcing the core
Expert analysis 3: Fronterion – Legal outsourcing’s emergence as a strategic priorityCheck our Executive Summary and full table of contents here