In a world of accelerating change and complexity, knowledge management (KM) can make the difference between your organisation surviving, or thriving! Like to know how?
Ark Group's report, Making KM Work for Your Organisation features no less than 11 insightful case studies demonstrating how organisations are successfully using KM to drive organisational performance and achieve strategic goals. These include:
- Using a KM approach to re-engineer key processes and services at Mills & Reeve;
- Enabling strategy realisation with KM at Parsons Brinckerhoff;
- Using knowledge reviews to capture project knowledge and lessons learnt at Arup;
- Developing and implementing KM strategy at Syngenta;
- Building a Living Archive at Asian Development Bank;
- Carrying out pro-active reviews at Oracle EMEA;
- Leveraging intellectual capital at Arup University;
- Using knowledge markets to accelerate the exchange of ideas at Sellafield Ltd;
- Connecting partners, sharing information and capturing knowledge at Asian Cities Climate Change Resilience Network;
- Creating a Knockout Model for organisational transformation at MTR Corporation; and
- Developing an online network for school leaders in England at The National College.
Leading industry experts Ron Young, Nick Milton, Arthur Shelley and Nick Davies also share their invaluable perspectives and advice on how to deliver successful KM initiatives that support your strategic objectives.
Making KM Work for Your Organisation is designed specifically to help you:
- Unlock potential and deliver real value;
- Enable strategy realisation from the top down;
- Engage staff and improve work performance from the bottom up;
- Develop a coherent KM strategy and build the business case;
- Utilise key KM tools and models to enable organisational learning;
- Build a collaborative working culture that encourages knowledge sharing;
- Use key tools for inspiring innovation and creativity;
- Understand the role of technology and enabling systems; and
- Adapt to a changing workplace in a networked world.
PLUS…this highly practical report comes with useful appendices which can easily be adapted to be implemented immediatly within your organisation. These include:
- A question template for staff interviews;
- Example KM survey questions;
- Sample questions for a KM maturity assessment statement;
- Typical elements found on a KM road map; and
- Selected KM tools to facilitate organisational learning.
Unlock your organisation’s true performance potential with cutting-edge KM.
Chapter 1: Unlocking organisational potential and making a difference
Chapter 2: Top-down – Enabling strategy realisation
Chapter 3: Bottom-up – Working more effectively
Chapter 4: Planning the journey and building the business case
Chapter 5: Mainstreaming knowledge management
Chapter 6: Organisational learning
Chapter 7: Collaborative working and knowledge sharing
Chapter 8: Inspiring innovation and creativity
Chapter 9: Making the most of enabling systems
Chapter 10: The changing workplace in a networked world
Case study 1: Understanding the four dimensions of knowledge management – Personal, team, organisational and inter-organisational knowledge management
Case study 2: Business focused knowledge management
Case study 3: Parsons Brinckherhoff: Enabling strategy realisation
Case study 4: Knowledge reviews at Arup – Practical lessons from the field and demonstrating value
Case study 5: Syngenta – A WIKID way to success!
Case study 6: Mills & Reeve – Making a difference with knowledge management in the legal sector
Case study 7: Selling the value of knowledge management
Case study 8: Stories stimulate knowledge management activity in your organisationCheck our Executive Summary and full table of contents here