Many firms are now looking to developing markets such as those in Africa, Asia, and Latin America in order to ensure growth for the future.
The Latin American economies have developed considerably in recent years and are continuing to grow steadily. Moreover, interest in Latin America from international businesses is also on the rise. The law firms that can capitalise on these developments and start planning growth strategies now will be more competitive in the future. As has been seen in other developing markets, once international law firms start to enter, others will soon follow – and there could be big benefits to being early on the scene.
For firms looking to service the needs of large, global corporations, Latin America is an increasingly attractive prospect. Many global industries which are currently the focus of international law firms, such as the energy, mining, and financial services sectors, feature prominently in many Latin American economies.
Key features in this report include:
- 100% original research, never before published;
- Detailed profiles of key Latin American economies such as Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Columbia and Chile – as well as some of the smaller economies that might present opportunities in the future;
- Each chapter highlights several key ‘takeaways’ on the legal market;
- A breakdown of the individual legal markets, highlighting the key players based on size and reputation;
- Several key 'takeaways' on the legal market which are highlighted in each chapter;
- In depth analysis of the risks and opportunities in Latin America for law firms of all sizes and areas of practice;
- Detailed appendices which show how foreign firms are currently performing in the Latin American market and the prospects for firms in individual markets based on practice area.
With an eye on shifting global trends in the legal market as well as the domestic environment of each country, this report offers guidance to any law firm considering entry into Latin America.
Part One: The emerging markets and the Latin American marketplace
Chapter 1: Which emerging markets are important?
Chapter 2: Why are the emerging markets important for global law firms?
Chapter 3: Latin America – Economy, trade, and the impact of global trends on the legal market
Chapter 4: The Latin American legal market
Part Two: Key economies and legal markets in Latin America
Chapter 5: Brazil
Chapter 6: Mexico
Chapter 7: Argentina
Chapter 8: Colombia
Chapter 9: Chile
Chapter 10: Secondary legal markets in Latin AmericaCheck our Executive Summary and full table of contents here